Coca-Cola Amatil stabilises as H1 profits, sales edge up
- H1 net profits up 1% to AUD187.3m (US$137.7m)
- Net sales up 5% to AUD2.5bn
- Operating profits (EBITDA) up 1% to AUD453.9m
- Australia soft drinks EBIT down 6%
CCA is undergoing a cost-cutting programme
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has steadied the ship with first-half sales and profits growth as it pumped marketing investment into the struggling Australian market.
The company, which saw full-year profits slump by 25% in February, increased net profits by 1% to AUD187.3m (US$137.7m) in the first six months of the year. Net sales were up by 5% to AUD2.5bn after a 2% fall in FY, and operating profits (EBITDA) increased by 1% to AUD453.9m.
CCA managing director Alison Watkins, who has spearheaded a cost-cutting programme since her appointment in March 2014, said the results were in line with expectations and that “concrete progress” had been achieved.
In Australia, which has seen the soft drinks market contract in the past few years, Watkins highlighted stronger headwinds than expected but said sales and volumes increased and CSD volumes stabilised. The increases were driven by more investment in pricing, brand building, innovation and route to market, which pushed down EBIT for the country by 6% compared to last year.
CCA's alcohol & coffee category grew EBIT by 30% on the back of improved market share and new products for Beam Suntory. CCA in June signed a new ten-year distribution deal for Beam Suntory's portfolio in Australia and last week expanded the agreement to include New Zealand.
CCA's share price spiked on the release of its results today. At close of trading it was up by 2.7% to AUD8.78.
To read the company's full results, click here.
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Canadean's "Coca-Cola Amatil Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (CCA) is a food and beverage company that manufactures, sells, distributes, and markets carbonated and non-carbonated beverages. The major products of the company include carb...
Leading cola manufacturers Coca-Cola Amatil (NZ) Ltd and Frucor Beverages Ltd introduced healthier versions of their flagship cola brands, Coca-Cola and Pepsi, respectively in 2015. Coca-Cola Amatil (...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends