AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil returns to beer, cider
CCA has been out of the beer and cider business in Australia for two years
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to return to Australia's beer and cider sectors this week after a two-year hiatus.
The Sydney-based group has been frozen out of the categories since it sold its stake in Pacific Beverages in late 2011. In August, however, CCA announced a distribution deal for a range of Molson Coors brands that will activate this week when the two-year period ends.
CCA Amatil beverage chief John Murphy told The Australian today (16 December) that he wants the company's return to be “an absolute stunner”.
"We want to enter this marketplace with category growth," Murphy said. “We're going to play in the premium, craft and international end only, and we're going to grow the category.”
CCA will also start distributing a range of its own brands including Alehouse, an on-premise only premium draught beer, and Pressman’s cider, an Australian craft cider.
From next month, CCA will also have the right to distribute Swedish cider Rekorderlig in Australia and The Boston Beer Co's Samuel Adams label.
Last year, CCA signed a brewing JV with winery Casella. The JV owns a brewery in New South Wales, which will produce the Molson Coors brands for the Australian market.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In 2013 and the coming years, the company is expected to continue its focus on developing new beers for its flagship Samuel Adams brand, alongside continued innovation of Twisted Tea (available in all...
Beer manufacturers have largely ignored the US cider/perry category as sales have historically been less than a fraction of a percentage of those of beer. However, the contraction of the US beer categ...
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report