AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil returns to beer, cider
CCA has been out of the beer and cider business in Australia for two years
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to return to Australia's beer and cider sectors this week after a two-year hiatus.
The Sydney-based group has been frozen out of the categories since it sold its stake in Pacific Beverages in late 2011. In August, however, CCA announced a distribution deal for a range of Molson Coors brands that will activate this week when the two-year period ends.
CCA Amatil beverage chief John Murphy told The Australian today (16 December) that he wants the company's return to be “an absolute stunner”.
"We want to enter this marketplace with category growth," Murphy said. “We're going to play in the premium, craft and international end only, and we're going to grow the category.”
CCA will also start distributing a range of its own brands including Alehouse, an on-premise only premium draught beer, and Pressman’s cider, an Australian craft cider.
From next month, CCA will also have the right to distribute Swedish cider Rekorderlig in Australia and The Boston Beer Co's Samuel Adams label.
Last year, CCA signed a brewing JV with winery Casella. The JV owns a brewery in New South Wales, which will produce the Molson Coors brands for the Australian market.
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
Drinks Alcoholic drinks comprise beer, spirits, and wine. In 2013, the Beer segment led the market with 53.24 percent and 75.34 percent share, respectively, in terms of revenue and volume. An increase...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research