AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil returns to beer, cider
CCA has been out of the beer and cider business in Australia for two years
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to return to Australia's beer and cider sectors this week after a two-year hiatus.
The Sydney-based group has been frozen out of the categories since it sold its stake in Pacific Beverages in late 2011. In August, however, CCA announced a distribution deal for a range of Molson Coors brands that will activate this week when the two-year period ends.
CCA Amatil beverage chief John Murphy told The Australian today (16 December) that he wants the company's return to be “an absolute stunner”.
"We want to enter this marketplace with category growth," Murphy said. “We're going to play in the premium, craft and international end only, and we're going to grow the category.”
CCA will also start distributing a range of its own brands including Alehouse, an on-premise only premium draught beer, and Pressman’s cider, an Australian craft cider.
From next month, CCA will also have the right to distribute Swedish cider Rekorderlig in Australia and The Boston Beer Co's Samuel Adams label.
Last year, CCA signed a brewing JV with winery Casella. The JV owns a brewery in New South Wales, which will produce the Molson Coors brands for the Australian market.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In 2013 and the coming years, the company is expected to continue its focus on developing new beers for its flagship Samuel Adams brand, alongside continued innovation of Twisted Tea (available in all...
Alcoholic Drinks in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
Beer manufacturers have largely ignored the US cider/perry category as sales have historically been less than a fraction of a percentage of those of beer. However, the contraction of the US beer categ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018