AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil readies Korea bottling sale
Coca-Cola Amatil has moved a step closer to closing the sale of its Korean bottling operations. The Australia-based company said today (20 August) that it has signed a deal to divest Coca-Cola Korea Bottling Company to LG Household & Health Care.
The sale, which will meet CCA's previous guidance of between A$520m (US$417.3m) and A$545m, is expected to close in October, subject to regulatory clearance.
The final price of the unit will be decided after an independent third party review of the unit's accounts for the year to the end of June, CCA said.
"The business is being purchased by a very strong local company," CCA's group MD Terry Davis said. "We certainly expect that LG H&H will be able to achieve what we were not always able to in the Korean domestic market, and they will be able to unlock the full potential of the business."
As reported last month, The Coca-Cola Co. is expected to acquire a 10% stake in the bottling unit, with LG holding the remaining 90%.
CCA initially said in February this year that it was considering selling its bottling business in the country after its operations there hit group earnings during 2006. Total operating profit last year at CCA fell by 5.5% to A$539.4m. Earnings were hit by a product recall in South Korea as well as high sugar, plastic and aluminium costs across the business. Surprisingly, earnings in South Korea rose in 2006, although the figures were boosted by a number of asset sales.
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
Coca-Cola Amatil has posted a rise in profits for 2007, with the broadening of its drinks offering reaping benefits....
Coca-Cola Amatil and SABMiller have announced plans to build a new brewery in Australia....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Foster's and Lion Nathan have each launched citrus-infused beers in Australia following the entry of SABMiller's Miller Chill on the country's beer market....
Coca-Cola Amatil has completed a A$170m (US$151.1m) share buy-back transaction....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages