AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil opens Perth facility
The new facility forms part of Coca-Cola Amatil's capital infrastructure programme for Western Australia
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to open a AUD60m (US$60.3m) distribution centre in Australia.
The Hazelmere, Perth-based facility, which will officially open today (29 November), forms part of the company's capital infrastructure programme for Western Australia, CCA said. It will also be the first distribution centre operated by the Coca-Cola bottler in Australia that manages the firm's full portfolio of soft drinks, CCA said.
The Hazelmere facility is one of two capital projects being undertaken by CCA in Western Australia, forming a AUD100m total investment. The company has invested in PET 'blow-fill' technology at its Kewdale production facility. It will enable the company to design and manufacture its own PET beverage bottles.
Last month, CCA reiterated its expectation that it will buy the Foster's Group assets it is entitled to under the terms of SABMiller's proposed takeover of the Australian brewer.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd revisits the energy drinks category to see what has been going on in the evolution of what has been the soft drinks industry's star performer in recent years...
Coca-Cola Amatil's surprise decision to rebuff its right to buy Foster's Group's spirits business could leave SABMiller out of pocket....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent the last 20 years diversifying its portfolio. Where once the rest of the stable cowered in Coke's shadow, more of the company's brands are now grabbing the spotlight and del...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future