AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil lines up Rekorderlig Australian distribution
Coca-Cola Amatil beckons in Australia for Abro's Rekorderlig cider
Coca-Cola Amatil has secured its first cider brand for distribution in Australia.
The company, which struck a positive tone in its latest trading update today (12 December), has confirmed that it will take over the distribution of Rekorderlig through a joint venture with the Swedish cider brand. CCA will replace Melbourne-based Red Island, which has handled the cider since launch two years ago, from the start of 2014.
CCA will be responsible for the sales and distribution as well as the development and management of customer relations. Chilli Marketing, Rekorderlig’s global development partner, will remain responsible for the marketing activity.
According to CCA, Rekorderlig holds a 17.5% share of the packaged cider category in Australia.
"The future partnership with Rekorderlig will materially strengthen our brand portfolio in this (licensed trade) channel,” said CCA's MD for Australian Beverages. “By leveraging CCA’s large scale sales and distribution expertise, I believe we will be able to further strengthen Rekorderlig’s market-leading position.”
Rekorderlig is produced by AB Abro Bryggeri in Vimmerby, Sweden.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd looks at some of the pack designs being implemented for soft drinks and asks, is the industry in the business of selling beverages, or has it inappropriately diversified...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014