AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil lines up Rekorderlig Australian distribution
Coca-Cola Amatil beckons in Australia for Abro's Rekorderlig cider
Coca-Cola Amatil has secured its first cider brand for distribution in Australia.
The company, which struck a positive tone in its latest trading update today (12 December), has confirmed that it will take over the distribution of Rekorderlig through a joint venture with the Swedish cider brand. CCA will replace Melbourne-based Red Island, which has handled the cider since launch two years ago, from the start of 2014.
CCA will be responsible for the sales and distribution as well as the development and management of customer relations. Chilli Marketing, Rekorderlig’s global development partner, will remain responsible for the marketing activity.
According to CCA, Rekorderlig holds a 17.5% share of the packaged cider category in Australia.
"The future partnership with Rekorderlig will materially strengthen our brand portfolio in this (licensed trade) channel,” said CCA's MD for Australian Beverages. “By leveraging CCA’s large scale sales and distribution expertise, I believe we will be able to further strengthen Rekorderlig’s market-leading position.”
Rekorderlig is produced by AB Abro Bryggeri in Vimmerby, Sweden.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd looks at some of the pack designs being implemented for soft drinks and asks, is the industry in the business of selling beverages, or has it inappropriately diversified...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets