AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil lines up new MD
Watkins will join CCA after she quit her old post
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has appointed the former head of an Australian agribusiness as its next managing director.
Alison Watkins, who quit GrainCorp today (2 December), will take over on 3 March, CCA said. Watkins will replace Terry Davis, who will advise the new MD until August next year, CCA added.
It is not immediately clear why Davis, who has been in his post since 2001, is stepping down.
Watkins left GrainCorp days after the Australian Government vetoed a A$3.4bn (US$3.09bn) takeover bid for the company by US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland.
As well as leading GrainCorp, Watkins was previously CEO of juice company Berri Limited and is a former partner of McKinsey & Company. She was formerly a non-executive Director of Woolworths Limited and is currently a non-executive Director of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, a position she will resign from ahead of joining CCA, the company said.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
Business Monitor International's Indonesia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report