AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil lines up new MD
Watkins will join CCA after she quit her old post
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has appointed the former head of an Australian agribusiness as its next managing director.
Alison Watkins, who quit GrainCorp today (2 December), will take over on 3 March, CCA said. Watkins will replace Terry Davis, who will advise the new MD until August next year, CCA added.
It is not immediately clear why Davis, who has been in his post since 2001, is stepping down.
Watkins left GrainCorp days after the Australian Government vetoed a A$3.4bn (US$3.09bn) takeover bid for the company by US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland.
As well as leading GrainCorp, Watkins was previously CEO of juice company Berri Limited and is a former partner of McKinsey & Company. She was formerly a non-executive Director of Woolworths Limited and is currently a non-executive Director of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, a position she will resign from ahead of joining CCA, the company said.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Coca-Cola Amatil Limited (CCL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat