AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil lines up new MD
Watkins will join CCA after she quit her old post
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has appointed the former head of an Australian agribusiness as its next managing director.
Alison Watkins, who quit GrainCorp today (2 December), will take over on 3 March, CCA said. Watkins will replace Terry Davis, who will advise the new MD until August next year, CCA added.
It is not immediately clear why Davis, who has been in his post since 2001, is stepping down.
Watkins left GrainCorp days after the Australian Government vetoed a A$3.4bn (US$3.09bn) takeover bid for the company by US agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland.
As well as leading GrainCorp, Watkins was previously CEO of juice company Berri Limited and is a former partner of McKinsey & Company. She was formerly a non-executive Director of Woolworths Limited and is currently a non-executive Director of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, a position she will resign from ahead of joining CCA, the company said.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
Business Monitor International's Indonesia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly