INDONESIA: Coca-Cola Amatil lines up investment
CCA is growing in Indonesia
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed it will invest about AUD500m (US$492m) in Indonesia over the next three or four years.
A spokesperson for the Sydney-based bottler told just-drinks today (16 May) that the investment will go into production and distribution capacity, innovation and cold-drink equipment. This year alone, CCA will pump AUD200m into the country, which, from January to April, helped offset losses in CCA's domestic market.
In a trading update, released this month, Group MD Terry Davis called Indonesia a “highlight” of the year so far after it posted a 10% sales and volumes jump.
Indonesia has a 250m population and is predicted to be one of the world’s top ten economies by 2025, the spokesperson said.
CCA is not the only international beverage company targeting Indonesia. Last year, Japanese brewer Asahi signed two JVs with an Indonesian company to market and distribute non-alcoholic drinks in the mainly Muslim country.
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within Australia consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qual...
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research