INDONESIA: Coca-Cola Amatil lines up investment
CCA is growing in Indonesia
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed it will invest about AUD500m (US$492m) in Indonesia over the next three or four years.
A spokesperson for the Sydney-based bottler told just-drinks today (16 May) that the investment will go into production and distribution capacity, innovation and cold-drink equipment. This year alone, CCA will pump AUD200m into the country, which, from January to April, helped offset losses in CCA's domestic market.
In a trading update, released this month, Group MD Terry Davis called Indonesia a “highlight” of the year so far after it posted a 10% sales and volumes jump.
Indonesia has a 250m population and is predicted to be one of the world’s top ten economies by 2025, the spokesperson said.
CCA is not the only international beverage company targeting Indonesia. Last year, Japanese brewer Asahi signed two JVs with an Indonesian company to market and distribute non-alcoholic drinks in the mainly Muslim country.
The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within Australia consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qual...
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc. ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research