AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil in talks to buy Golden Circle
Coca-Cola Amatil is in discussions to take over the fruit processor Golden Circle after making a conditional offer.
CCA said today (26 September) that it has "made a conditional offer to acquire 100% of the issued shares in GCL".
The sale is subject to a number of conditions and regulatory approvals from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, as well as gaining unanimous support from all of GCL's directors, the company said.
"While negotiations are continuing, no agreement has been reached between the parties and there is no certainty that the offer made by CCA will be accepted," the group added.
Last month, CCA reported that net profit after tax and before exceptional items reached A$160.9m (US$137.6m), an increase of 10.7% over the first half of 2006. EBIT growth before significant items also set a record, increasing by $33.3m or 13.3% to $284.5m.
Coca-Cola Amatil has appointed Catherine Brenner to its board as a non-executive director, effective from 2 April....
The president and COO of the Coca-Cola Co. has been nominated by the soft drinks group's board of directors to stand for election as a director of the company at the Annual Meeting of Shareowners in A...
Coca-Cola Amatil has posted a rise in profits for 2007, with the broadening of its drinks offering reaping benefits....
Coca-Cola Amatil and SABMiller have announced plans to build a new brewery in Australia....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Foster's and Lion Nathan have each launched citrus-infused beers in Australia following the entry of SABMiller's Miller Chill on the country's beer market....
Coca-Cola Amatil has completed a A$170m (US$151.1m) share buy-back transaction....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report