AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil eyes savings with new PET bottle
CCA is updating its PET lines
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) says it will save up to AUD285,000 (US$297,000) a year by producing a new bottle it claims will be the lightest in the global Coca-Cola system.
The Sydney-based bottler said yesterday (26 March) that it will install new “blow-fill” PET manufacturing technology at its Richlands facility in Queensland. The technology enables CCA to make lightweight bottles with up to 20% less PET plastic than before, it said.
The Australian Government has given CCA a AUD1.3m grant to install the new line, the company said, while CCA is investing AUD450m on the installation of PET bottle self-manufacture technology across its group, it said.
To read a just-drinks investigation into the latest developments in sustainable packaging, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Guatemala beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight an...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research