AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil eyes overseas growth as home market struggles
CCA released a trading update yesterday
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has returned to growth in New Zealand & Fiji as continued strong performances in Indonesia helped boost a mixed first four months of the year.
In a trading update yesterday (7 May), the Sydney-based bottler said volumes increased by about 4% in New Zealand & Fiji in the four-month period. In full-year 2012 results, released in February, the region dragged profits growth.
Group MD Terry Davis called New Zealand & Fiji the “highlight” of the year so far, along with Indonesia, which posted a 10% sales and volumes jump.
Australian beverages fared less well and the company predicted a decline in volumes and earnings for the first half of the year “due to the poorer grocery channel performance”.
Davis said CCA will up its market support and promotional activity in Australia to fight back against increased competition. “Whilst this has an impact on short-term price realisation and hence profitability, we believe that, in the medium- to long-term, it is the right course of action,” he said.
CCA's share price dropped by about 10% after the trading update was released yesterday.
Davis said the company remains on track with plans to enter the beer market. “I have no doubt we will have a strong portfolio of international beer brands to kick off in 2014,” he said.
To read the trading update, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc. ...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Guatemala beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight an...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014