AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil exec moves to head Diageo sales team
Halliday will join Diageo as commercial director
David Halliday, who started out with Coca-Cola Enterprises in the UK, will leave his post on 27 July, a CCA spokesperson told just-drinks. His current role as GM for licensed sales, will be taken over on an interim basis by CCA executive Mark Filmer until a replacement is found, the spokesperson said.
Halliday joined CCA in 2006 and spent six years as director, leisure and on-premise.
He will join Diageo Australia as commercial director on 5 August, a Diageo spokesperson said.
“His time working as director, leisure and on-premise for Coca-Cola Amatil along with his in-depth knowledge and understanding of the beverage industry make him the perfect fit for Diageo Australia,” the spokesperson said.
Halliday replaces Danny Celoni who left Diageo Australia in April.
CCA is pumping investment into overseas markets as domestic sales continue to struggle. In May, the company said it will sink about AUD500m (US$492m) into Indonesia over the next three or four years.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020