AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil exec moves to head Diageo sales team
Halliday will join Diageo as commercial director
David Halliday, who started out with Coca-Cola Enterprises in the UK, will leave his post on 27 July, a CCA spokesperson told just-drinks. His current role as GM for licensed sales, will be taken over on an interim basis by CCA executive Mark Filmer until a replacement is found, the spokesperson said.
Halliday joined CCA in 2006 and spent six years as director, leisure and on-premise.
He will join Diageo Australia as commercial director on 5 August, a Diageo spokesperson said.
“His time working as director, leisure and on-premise for Coca-Cola Amatil along with his in-depth knowledge and understanding of the beverage industry make him the perfect fit for Diageo Australia,” the spokesperson said.
Halliday replaces Danny Celoni who left Diageo Australia in April.
CCA is pumping investment into overseas markets as domestic sales continue to struggle. In May, the company said it will sink about AUD500m (US$492m) into Indonesia over the next three or four years.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research