AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil exec moves to head Diageo sales team
Halliday will join Diageo as commercial director
David Halliday, who started out with Coca-Cola Enterprises in the UK, will leave his post on 27 July, a CCA spokesperson told just-drinks. His current role as GM for licensed sales, will be taken over on an interim basis by CCA executive Mark Filmer until a replacement is found, the spokesperson said.
Halliday joined CCA in 2006 and spent six years as director, leisure and on-premise.
He will join Diageo Australia as commercial director on 5 August, a Diageo spokesperson said.
“His time working as director, leisure and on-premise for Coca-Cola Amatil along with his in-depth knowledge and understanding of the beverage industry make him the perfect fit for Diageo Australia,” the spokesperson said.
Halliday replaces Danny Celoni who left Diageo Australia in April.
CCA is pumping investment into overseas markets as domestic sales continue to struggle. In May, the company said it will sink about AUD500m (US$492m) into Indonesia over the next three or four years.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
Beer in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research