AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil exec moves to head Diageo sales team
Halliday will join Diageo as commercial director
David Halliday, who started out with Coca-Cola Enterprises in the UK, will leave his post on 27 July, a CCA spokesperson told just-drinks. His current role as GM for licensed sales, will be taken over on an interim basis by CCA executive Mark Filmer until a replacement is found, the spokesperson said.
Halliday joined CCA in 2006 and spent six years as director, leisure and on-premise.
He will join Diageo Australia as commercial director on 5 August, a Diageo spokesperson said.
“His time working as director, leisure and on-premise for Coca-Cola Amatil along with his in-depth knowledge and understanding of the beverage industry make him the perfect fit for Diageo Australia,” the spokesperson said.
Halliday replaces Danny Celoni who left Diageo Australia in April.
CCA is pumping investment into overseas markets as domestic sales continue to struggle. In May, the company said it will sink about AUD500m (US$492m) into Indonesia over the next three or four years.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report