AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil board member to retire
Non-executive director of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA), Mel Ward, is to retire from the company later this year.
The company said today (6 June) that Ward, who has served on the CCA board for more than nine years, will retire following the board meeting on 19 August.
CCA chairman David Gonski said: "We thank Mel for the valuable contributions he has made to the board of CCA over the years. We will miss the benefits received by our board from his vast business experience and commercial guidance."
Last month Australian reports suggested that CCA could be gearing up for a major acquisition push, possibly for Foster's Group. A report in the Sydney Morning Herald on 19 May said that financial services provider Macquarie Group had placed a valuation restriction on CCA, sparking rumours that the Australian drinks company may be lining up a move for Foster's, through its joint venture with SABMiller in Australia, Pacific Beverages.
The Australian drinks industry has certainly experienced a shake-up in the last week following Coca-Cola Amatil's rebuffal of Lion Nathan's A$7.7bn (US$4.75bn) takeover bid. The offer, which Lion Nath...
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Lion Nathan has refused to back down from its approach for Coca-Cola Amatil, despite The Coca-Cola Company's swift rebuttal of its initial A$7.7bn offer....
Australian brewer Lion Nathan has raised its 2009 outlook despite "volatile" economic conditions and a "challenging" financial year....
Coca-Cola Amatil has rejected a near A$8bn bid from fellow Australian beverage group Lion Nathan, following opposition to the deal from The Coca-Cola Company....
Danone has agreed a deal to sell its Frucor Australasian drinks division to Japan's Suntory for more than EUR600m, the group has announced....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced that Gary Fayard, chief financial officer of The Coca-Cola Company, is to leave the bottling firm's board of directors....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015