AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil board member to retire
Non-executive director of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA), Mel Ward, is to retire from the company later this year.
The company said today (6 June) that Ward, who has served on the CCA board for more than nine years, will retire following the board meeting on 19 August.
CCA chairman David Gonski said: "We thank Mel for the valuable contributions he has made to the board of CCA over the years. We will miss the benefits received by our board from his vast business experience and commercial guidance."
Last month Australian reports suggested that CCA could be gearing up for a major acquisition push, possibly for Foster's Group. A report in the Sydney Morning Herald on 19 May said that financial services provider Macquarie Group had placed a valuation restriction on CCA, sparking rumours that the Australian drinks company may be lining up a move for Foster's, through its joint venture with SABMiller in Australia, Pacific Beverages.
The Australian drinks industry has certainly experienced a shake-up in the last week following Coca-Cola Amatil's rebuffal of Lion Nathan's A$7.7bn (US$4.75bn) takeover bid. The offer, which Lion Nath...
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Lion Nathan has refused to back down from its approach for Coca-Cola Amatil, despite The Coca-Cola Company's swift rebuttal of its initial A$7.7bn offer....
Australian brewer Lion Nathan has raised its 2009 outlook despite "volatile" economic conditions and a "challenging" financial year....
Coca-Cola Amatil has rejected a near A$8bn bid from fellow Australian beverage group Lion Nathan, following opposition to the deal from The Coca-Cola Company....
Danone has agreed a deal to sell its Frucor Australasian drinks division to Japan's Suntory for more than EUR600m, the group has announced....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced that Gary Fayard, chief financial officer of The Coca-Cola Company, is to leave the bottling firm's board of directors....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages