AUSTRALIA: Coca-Cola Amatil adds lemon to the mix
Amatil's move in Australia is consistent with the Coca-Cola Co.'s general strategy to attack a challenging market with new product innovation. Aggressive marketing and NPD work - notably in the non-carbonated sector - from PepsiCo was the prime reason for last year's decline in Coca-Cola's share of the US soft drinks market, the first such fall for two years.
The fightback is being launched in the US, Australia and in Europe where Coca-Cola recently announced plans to launch 32 new products this year.
Amatil said there were no plans at this stage to introduce Coke Vanilla, scheduled to be launched in the US next month, to Australian consumers.
Companies: Coca-Cola Amatil
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders)....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research