AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil acquires coffee group
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders). The coffee company, founded in Melbourne in 1962, roasts, grinds, packs and sells coffee and provides coffee equipment and service to approximately 2,000 trade customers.
"The Grinders acquisition, though a small bolt on, expands our food business and presents an opportunity to leverage our existing customer relationships and to gain greater insight and greater service capability into the important restaurant and café sector", said CCA managing director Terry Davis.
The business employs 50 people with annual revenue projected to be around A$11m and the acquisition will also provide additional revenue to Quirks, CCA's equipment service arm.
"It is CCA's intention to offer employment to all current Grinders' employees," a CCA statement said.
Giancarlo Giusti, the firm's co-founder, has agreed to be CCA's Coffee Ambassador. He will be available for promotional activities for the business, coffee blend development and to provide industry insight to CCA.
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Goldman Sachs JBWere has cut its 2005 and 2006 earnings per share forecasts for Coca-Cola Amatil....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
The managing director of Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) South Korean unit has taken extended leave, according to press reports....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts