AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil acquires coffee group
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders). The coffee company, founded in Melbourne in 1962, roasts, grinds, packs and sells coffee and provides coffee equipment and service to approximately 2,000 trade customers.
"The Grinders acquisition, though a small bolt on, expands our food business and presents an opportunity to leverage our existing customer relationships and to gain greater insight and greater service capability into the important restaurant and café sector", said CCA managing director Terry Davis.
The business employs 50 people with annual revenue projected to be around A$11m and the acquisition will also provide additional revenue to Quirks, CCA's equipment service arm.
"It is CCA's intention to offer employment to all current Grinders' employees," a CCA statement said.
Giancarlo Giusti, the firm's co-founder, has agreed to be CCA's Coffee Ambassador. He will be available for promotional activities for the business, coffee blend development and to provide industry insight to CCA.
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Goldman Sachs JBWere has cut its 2005 and 2006 earnings per share forecasts for Coca-Cola Amatil....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
The managing director of Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) South Korean unit has taken extended leave, according to press reports....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends