US: Coca-Coca Enterprises sees "improving" European outlook - report
Coca-Cola Enterprises said that the economy in Western Europe has “become a little better”
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said that Western Europe's economic situation is "improving slightly", despite soaring commodity costs, according to reports.
Speaking to Dow Jones yesterday (14 March), CCE's chairman and CEO, John Brock, said that, despite a "challenging" consumer outlook for manufacturers, the economy in the region has "become a little better".
The Coca-Cola marketer, distributor, producer and bottler, which sold its North American business to The Coca-Cola Co last year, told the news service that it has benefited from hedging its exposure to a number of raw materials, including sweeteners and metals, to limit the impact of market price fluctuations.
Speaking at the CAGNY investment conference in Florida last month, Brock told attendees that the company only sees a 3% increase in its commodity costs, thanks to hedges, diversity of products purchased, and product mix.
"Going forward, we have a solid and strong balance sheet and significantly less debt, strong cash flow and a very strong focus on creating value for every stakeholder in the company," the CEO said at the conference.
In this month's soft drinks & water column, Richard Corbett take a look at the potential open to soft drinks targeted specifically at adults....
The Coca-Cola Co still sees "huge" potential to increase per capita consumption of soft drinks in China, according to a report. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer