UK: Cobra to launch alcohol-free beer
The UK-based producer of Cobra Beer, the Indian beer brand, is to launch an alcohol-free variation of the beer.
Cobra Alcohol-Free will be available in 330ml bottles in the UK and in the European and Asian export markets.
Cobra's founder and CEO Karan Bilimoria said: "Cobra 0.0% is by far the best alcohol-free beer available in the market today. We didn't like the taste of virtually all the non-alcoholic beers currently available throughout the world and saw an opportunity to capitalise on this market by producing a high-quality, great tasting product."
"We are very pleased to be branching out into exciting new markets," added Simon Edwards, Cobra Beer's marketing director. "We took it upon ourselves to brew a non-alcoholic lager that would, unlike the existing brands on the market, have that smooth and satisfying taste that sophisticated drinkers want from a beer. We feel that we have succeeded beyond even our own expectations."
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages