UK: Cobra to build three breweries in India - report
Cobra Beer is reportedly planning to set up three new breweries in India over the next three years.
Dow Jones cited Cobra founder and chairman Karan Bilimoria yesterday (27 September) as saying that the company shall invest US$30m in the building of three new Indian breweries.
Bilimoria told reporters that he saw much potential for growth over the next three years and that approval has already been granted for four out of its six applications for licenses to set up projects in India.
"We should have our first project running in the next 12 months, after which we intend to set up a new project every year," Bilimoria told press, as well as hinting that Cobra is also discussing the prospect of acquiring an Indian brewery soon.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Cobra when contacted by just-drinks today.
Cobra Beer has united with Khoday India Limited (KIL) and Artos Brewery a brewing and bottling deal in the South Indian market....
Cobra Beer has signed an agreement with Mohan Rocky Springwater Breweries to brew its namesake beer in India....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer has appointed another former Beam Global Spirits & Wine employee, this time to fill the newly-created role of on-trade channel controller....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range