UK: Cobra teams up with airline, publishers
UK-based Cobra Beer has launched on-pack promotions with airline BMI and travel and music publisher Rough Guide.
The company said today (22 January) that the promotions would appear on all four-packs of Cobra and its low-cal and non-alcoholic stablemates.
The campaign gives drinkers the chance to win pairs of BMI tickets to European and long-haul destinations.
Consumers can also win copies of World Party: The Rough Guide to the World's Best Festivals, newly published by Rough Guide.
Cobra Beer marketing manager Zoe Smith said: "With travel abroad now being more popular than ever, this promotion will prove very popular among our consumers, giving them the chance to fly to some exotic destinations in search of the best places to party."
The company is looking to build on growing sales of its eponymous beer in the UK. Last year, Cobra launched a TV ad as part of a GBP10m (US$19.8m) marketing campaign in the country.
Last year, the company raised GBP27.5m to fund expansion in key markets worldwide, which also include India, South Africa and the US.
The outgoing managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine's UK division is switching to become CEO of Cobra Beer....
UK-based Cobra Beer is launching a mini version of its high-strength King Cobra beer....
Cobra Beer is to spend GBP10m (US$19m) on a marketing campaign in the UK as it looks to accelerate sales across the country....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman