UK: Cobra plans London listing to fund expansion
Cobra is to float as part of aggressive growth plans designed to create a US$1bn company within the next ten years.
The UK-based company will seek pre-IPO funding later this year and plans to more than double its sales in the next two years before a probable flotation on AIM in 2008.
Cobra finance director Dynshaw Italia told just-drinks today (10 January) that Cobra had an estimated value of GBP80m (US$141.4m), but would seek funding of GBP20m to invest in key markets, the UK, US, India and South Africa.
He said Cobra was likely to have a market capitalisation of around GBP200m at flotation and would aim to become a US$1bn business by 2014.
Italia said the UK was likely to be Cobra's fastest-growing market in the next two to three years, but predicted that India would be "huge within four to five years".
Cobra last month said that it was in talks to build a brewery in India, in the city of Hyderabad, which would be its second brewing venture in the country. Last year, Cobra joined forces with local independent brewer Mount Shivalik, which brews Cobra under contract.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014