UK: Cobra launches nationwide ad campaign
Indian beer brand Cobra has launched a nationwide integrated advertising campaign in the UK as part of its GBP14m (US$27.54m) marketing spend this year.
Cobra said yesterday (20 May) that the GBP8.4m 'Now you're talking' ad campaign would include outdoor, press, cinema and online elements, with TV to follow later in the year. The campaign kicks off this week with outdoor executions at key London Underground stations.
Other outdoor activity will be focused on London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Manchester, the company said, with activity comprising executions on London Underground escalator panels and 6-sheets, telephone boxes and side panels on taxis. Print advertising will run in Metro, national newspaper supplements including The Guardian Guide and The Times Magazine and regional publications including London Lite, ShortList and Manchester Evening News.
There will be a second phase of activity between September and Christmas. To support trial and rate of sale, Cobra has also launched a nationwide on- and off-trade sampling drive that will visit around 1,000 venues between May and September.
"We wanted a truly integrated, impactful campaign that clearly communicates to consumers the fact that Cobra is now also in pubs," said Cobra Beer's marketing director Will Ghali. "On-trade drink preferences tend to influence off-trade purchasing, so our thinking is that consumers will try Cobra in pubs and then also consider it when buying in the off-trade. The campaign is visually very distinctive from other beer adverts and we're confident this unique illustrated style along with the subtle humour will appeal to the 28-34 year-old discerning drinkers we're targeting."
The managing director of Cobra Beer's Indian unit has left the company after just over six months in the position....
Cobra Beer is maintaining its profile in the world of film with the renewal of one of its partnerships in the UK....
Cobra Beer has introduced a new design for its Cobra 5% premium beer cans in the UK....
Cobra Beer has launched an additional variant for its Cobra Bite range in the UK, aimed squarely at females in the country....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research