US: Cobra launches energy drink for Mexican market
Cobra International Beverage Holdings (CIB) is launching an energy drink specifically for the Mexican market, which the company CEO says is not yet saturated by the craze.
"Mexico represents a market of over 200m people," said Marcelo Perez, CEO. "With the establishment of relationships with key distributors within the country we hope penetrate this market."
CIB, a manufacturer, bottler and distributor of energy drinks, anticipates its first shipment by the summer.
The company's Cobra energy drink comprises two flavours currently selling in Canada, although the company said it plans to enter the US market in 2008, followed by the European, Mexican and Chinese marketplaces.
Research suggesting that caffeine-rich energy drinks could raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart damage has once again put the debate over the safety of these drinks in the spotlight. Me...
As the functional food and drink market develops and choice broadens, consumers are becoming more demanding about how products taste rather than simply buying them for their health-enhancing propertie...
French food and drink giant Groupe Danone has drawn up a short list of possible buyers for its Frucor Beverages business in Australia and New Zealand....
Russian Standard has expanded its premium vodka portfolio with the launch of a new vodka containing the added ingredient ginseng....
Hansen Natural, owner of popular energy drink Monster, has refused to comment on whether it had entered talks with Coca-Cola....
Energy drinks should carry warning labels about the amount of caffeine they contain, a team of scientists in the US has said....
Soft drinks group AG Barr has said that growth from its core Irn-Bru brand and a new partnership with Rockstar Energy boosted sales in its first half....
Shares in Hansen Natural have leapt in price following reports that the beverage group is in talks with Coca-COla over a possible distribution agreement....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets