INDIA: Cobra invests £10m in Indian expansion
Karan F Bilimoria, the owner of the UK's largest selling Indian beer brand Cobra, is planning to step up his efforts for the beer brand in India after a soft launch last year. According to Indian press reports, this will include a £10m investment in a new brewery. The plans are to take Cobra and expand its distribution from Mumbai, Pune, Goa and Delhi to other cities across India. Plans to establish manufacturing in India are a consequence of the tax regime in India, which penalises imported alcohol products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"