INDIA: Cobra discusses US distribution with Anheuser-Busch?
"We are in talks with Budweiser to distribute Cobra in the US," Cobra's chairman, Lord Karan Bilimoria said last week. "We will hopefully reach an agreement soon."
Ben Egan, Cobra's marketing and PR manager, added today (2 April): "We're in the very early stages of exploratory discussions with Anheuser-Busch regarding distribution in the US."
When contacted by just-drinks, however, David Peacock, A-B's VP of marketing, said: "It is our policy to not confirm, deny or speculate on rumours of potential investments, acquisitions, mergers, new business partnerships or other transactions."
The news follows Cobra's announcement last week that it is upping its production presence in India, with an US$80m investment pegged for facility upgrades. Cobra also said that it hopes to add two new Indian facilities to its current nine, with the company targeting a total of 12 breweries by 2010.
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
InBev shareholders will get their chance to vote on the brewer's proposed takeover of Anheuser-Busch at the end of this month....
InBev has said turmoil in financial markets has not dented its takeover deal with US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has expanded its Budweiser portfolio by launching Budweiser American Ale in the US....
Cobra Beer has launched an additional variant for its Cobra Bite range in the UK, aimed squarely at females in the country....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev has confirmed that it will take control of Anheuser-Busch's stake in Chinese brewer Tsingtao, once it has completed the takeover of the US company....
Cobra Beer is looking to up its footprint in India with the hope of securing five more breweries in the country, according to local reports....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research