UK: Cobra chooses “big screen” campaign
Cobra Beer has agreed a one-year deal with art-house cinema chain Curzon Cinemas in the UK.
The deal, which will see Cobra as the chosen beer in Curzon's seven UK venues from July, follows the brewer's previous sponsorship of ITV 2, 3 and 4 movies and their sponsorship of The Times BFI London Film Festival last year.
Curzon's venues in central London, Richmond, Surrey and Nottingham will show Cobra's TV commercials before all film screenings and on plasma screens within the cinema foyers and bars.
Will Ghali, marketing director of Cobra Beer, said: "Cobra has established good credibility within the British film industry in recent years and we know from our own research that there is a strong association for consumers between Cobra and film. This deal with Curzon allows us build on our film ties while reaching a high proportion of the 28-34 discerning male beer drinkers we're targeting."
As part of the 12-month deal, Cobra will be running a consumer promotion in the cinema bars and will communicate with Curzon customers via their newsletter, bi-monthly magazine on the website.
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Some of the fizz certainly seems to have left Cobra Beer's fortunes, after the UK-based company announced last week that it had been put up for sale by its founder, Lord Bilimoria....
Cobra Beer is looking to maintain double digit growth for its Cobra Bite brand with a new advertising campaign across major digital music channels....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends