INDIA: Cobra Beer increases Indian presence
Cobra Beer has signed an agreement with Mohan Rocky Springwater Breweries to brew its namesake beer in India.
The agreement, secured earlier this week, will see Mohan Rocky Springwater produce Cobra at its Khopoli brewery in the state of Maharashtra. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"Maharashtra is a key market for us, and we were on the lookout for a local brewery that can enable us to provide consumers with a truly international, super premium beer at affordable prices," said Poonam Chandel, chief operating officer of Cobra Beer in India. "In Mohan Rocky, we have found the right partner that matched our quality standards."
Cobra is currently brewed at six Indian locations, in Rajasthan, Goa, Orissa, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, providing a capacity of around 600,000 cases per month. While Cobra's sales have grown 600% year-on-year in the country, the company is targeting a turnover of 3m cases by the end of this year.
Cobra Beer is looking to up its footprint in India with the hope of securing five more breweries in the country, according to local reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer has confirmed it is in talks with "several interested parties" with a view to lining up investment in the company....
Cobra Beer has agreed a one-year deal with art-house cinema chain Curzon Cinemas in the UK....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends