INDIA: Cobra Beer begins production in India
Cobra Beer has launched a domestically-produced version of its eponymous beer brand on the Indian market.
The Indian-brewed Cobra will be marketed across New Delhi, Mumbai, Goa, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Bangalore, with 650ml bottles priced at INR50 and 330ml bottles at INR30 in Delhi state.
"It has been my dream to brew Cobra Beer in India again," said Karan Bilimoria, founder and CEO of Cobra Beer. "India's beer market is an emerging market with tremendous growth opportunities and I am confident that this truly international, super premium beer will be a huge success in India."
Cobra Beer has current retail turnover of US$120m, and is exported to over 30 countries worldwide.
In the UK, Cobra is available in more than 6,000 Indian restaurants and in thousands of outlets of major supermarkets and off-license chains, as well as being available to nearly 6,000 mainstream bars, pubs and clubs.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends