BERMUDA: CMO quits Bacardi after 15 years
The chief marketing officer at Bacardi Limited is set to leave the company later this year.
Stella David, who has been with the Bermuda-based company for 15 years, confirmed yesterday (27 May) that she will vacate her post at the end of July. David has "a variety of business options" to consider going forward.
"For 15 years, she has been a loyal and successful executive and she will be missed," said Séamus McBride, president and CEO of Bacardi. "We thank her for her dedication to the company and brands and wish her every success."
David added: "Bacardi Limited is a great company and I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of it for the last 15 years. It has great brands and great people who I will miss. I have the opportunity to consider a variety of business options, so it was the right time for me to make this decision."
A successor will be announced in due course, Bacardi noted.
Last August, Bacardi announced the appointment of McBride as president and CEO, replacing Andreas Gembler, who retired in September.
In the first of a series of quarterly 'What if…' columns, Chris Hart, the UK partner of business performance consultancy McKinney Rogers, takes up the issue of Christmas sales and approaches the proce...
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
Bacardi Global Travel Retail Division (BGTRD) has named Trent Russell as its new global marketing director....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has extended its social responsibility partnership with former motor racing champion Michael Schumacher....
The Portman Group, the UK drinks industry self regulatory body, has issued guidance to help alcohol producers avoid inadvertently targeting underage consumers through digital marketing....
Bacardi has appointed a brand ambassador for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the North American markets....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets