US: CMO appointment announced for Foster's Wine Estates
Foster's Group has confirmed the appointment of a chief marketing officer for North America at its wine estates division.
The drinks group said yesterday (27 July) that Francesca Schuler will assume the post at Foster's Wine Estates, the premium wine portfolio owned by the company's Foster's Americas unit. Schuler fills the position vacated by the resignation of Andrew Mansinne last April. The position was held open for several months pending the completion of Foster's global wine review and the transition of a new North American managing director.
In her role, Schuler will be responsible for all consumer and trade marketing activities, including public relations, hospitality, direct to consumer and brand education.
Having previously worked at E&J Gallo, Schuler joins the company from Method Products, where she had been head of marketing.
"Francesca is an exceptionally gifted marketer with a strong track record of building consumer-driven brands," said Foster's Americas' managing director, Stephen Brauer. "Her passion for building lifestyle brands that have a unique and deep connection with their customers fits perfectly with our strategy of building leading brands in leading categories."
Schuler will be based out of Foster's North American headquarters in the Napa Valley.
From the vineyards of Australia to the boardrooms of the multi-nationals; from job losses and bankruptcies in the UK to the consolidation of the fragmented French sector - few aspects of the world's w...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Foster's Group will significantly raise its spend on Victoria Bitter in 2010 as part of a three-year plan to adapt the iconic brand to a rapidly changing Australian beer market....
Some of the biggest names in the UK drinks industry, including Diageo, have met with administrators of First Quench Retailing in an attempt to recoup funds owed by the collapsed off-licence group....
Russia's Government has imposed a minimum price on vodka in an attempt to curb harmful drinking by flushing out the bottom end of the market....
Canopy Management has confirmed three additions to its executive team....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research