US: Clos LaChance plumps for Aveniu Brands in US
Clos LaChance Wines has teamed with Grupo Codorníu's Aveníu Brands in its domestic market of the US.
The Californian wine company confirmed late last week that Aveníu will handle the sales, marketing and distribution of its wine brands in the country. More specific details, including how long the partnership will run for, were not disclosed by either company.
“Clos LaChance offers Aveníu Brands an opportunity to expand our California and domestic wine presence,” said Aveníu's president, Andrew Mansinne. “We are excited to learn more about Central Coast wines from one of its pioneers.”
Cheryl Murphy Durzy, VP of sales and marketing for Clos LaChance, added: “With continued distributor and supplier consolidation, it is increasingly challenging to get the attention of the wholesaler as an independent producer. By joining the Aveníu portfolio, Clos LaChance is now represented by a large network of … sales representatives nationwide.”
Based in San Martin, California, family-owned Clos LaChance was founded in 1992 by Bill and Brenda Murphy.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends