US: Clever Imports plumps for The Wine Group for Chocovine
The Wine Group is set to handle the distribution of Clever Imports' portfolio, including the Chocovine brand, in the US.
The California-based company said late last week that its Annuity Brands sales unit will take over the distribution of ChocoVine with immediate effect. Specific terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Previously, Clever Imports had used a series of independent brokers for the past two years in the US, a spokesperson for The Wine Group told just-drinks today (7 June).
Clever Imports's CEO, Steven Katz, said the company chose The Wine Group because of its long-term mindset. “Their owner/manager structure and philosophy resists short-term gain at the expense of building brands that stand the test of time,” Katz said. “Aligning with the world’s third largest winery will allow our brand to grow distribution exponentially.“
ChocoVine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Dutch chocolate, available in Original, Raspberry and Espresso variants at a SRP of US$13 per 75cl bottle.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire