N AMERICA: Clearly Canadian to team up with Cott Corp.
The company, whose products include Clearly Canadian Sparkling and Clearly Canadian Natural Enhanced water brands, said today (27 August) that Cott will handle the bottling for its beverages in 20oz. and 1-litre PET at strategically-located Cott facilities for distribution across the continent. In addition, the company will continue to sell its traditional glass bottles.
"This allows us to team up with one of the largest beverage bottling and retailing organisations in the world," said Clearly Canadian's CEO, Bobby Genovese. "With this agreement, we will begin producing and delivering our popular drinks in a cost effective manner, resulting in a more profitable business model and better pricing for the consumer.
"By utilising all of the benefits afforded by working with a world class bottler, we believe we are on track to once again assume a branded leadership position in the large sparkling flavoured beverage category."
Financial details behind the deal were not disclosed.
Earlier this year, Clearly Canadian said that revenues for the quarter to the end of March leapt by 70% year-on-year to C$2.47m (US$2.47m). Losses after non-cash, non-recurring items, interest and penalty expenses and interest income were reined in in the quarter, dropping to C$1.1m from C$1.5m a year ago.
Cott Corporation, the world's largest private label soft drink maker, said this week that its exclusive supply agreement with US supermarket chain Wal-Mart Stores had been terminated "without cause"....
While the past 12 months have been difficult for many soft drinks companies, notably in North America, the last year has seen continued development in better-for-you categories, notably enhanced water...
Cott Corp. has confirmed the appointment of its new CEO....
Clearly Canadian has relaunched its sparkling water portfolio in the US....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts