US: Clearly Canadian to drop Dr Pepper/7-Up
Clearly Canadian has realigned its distribution network in the US.
The Canadian soft drinks group said yesterday (18 January) that it is establishing a network of independent distribution partners in the country.
The company will subsequently switch its distribution from the Dr. Pepper/Seven-Up Bottling Group to new distribution partners in certain regions of the US, including the mid-west and south-west.
"We are excited with our new distribution strategy which not only will bring tremendous focus to our products but will also deliver our products to consumers in a cost effective manner," said company president Brent Lokash.
"We believe our work over the past year has laid a great foundation for establishing distribution throughout the US and we look forward to announcing our new partners as we move forward with this strategy."
Last year, the company cleared its debt and said that, going forward, it would focus on the US, a market that already accounts for three-quarters of its business.
Prize draws and competitions are key elements in the promotional armoury of soft drinks brands. Jeremy Stern looks at some recent examples of successful promotions, and examines the risks and issues i...
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) has acquired bottling and distribution company Southeast-Atlantic Beverage Corp. (SEABEV)....
Nelson Peltz, the activist US investor, has upped his stake in Cadbury Schweppes, which is currently attempting to spin off its US beverage division....
Canadian enhanced and flavoured waters producer Clearly Canadian Brands has announced the appointment of Brent Lokash as chief executive officer. David Reingold succeeds Lokash as president....
A UK pressure group has called for soft drinks that use certain additives to carry health warnings....
Clearly Canadian's line-up of naturally-enhanced waters have been listed in Quebec by convenience store chain Couche-Tard....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has partnered with Gulf Coast Distributors, adding another arm to its network of North American distributors....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has partnered with The Odom Corporation, building its network of North American distributors....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015