CANADA: Clearly Canadian switches auditors
Clearly Canadian Beverage has switched auditors.
The Canadian soft drinks group said late last week that it has replaced UHY LDMB Advisors with KPMG Chartered Accountants as its independent registered public accounting firm. The change became effective on 26 October, the company added. No specific reason was given for the change.
"This move represents another important step for Clearly Canadian as we continue to build a solid corporate foundation, and should greatly assist our efforts to increase our exposure to the financial community," said Clearly Canadian's president, Brent Lokash.
Separately, Clearly Canadian gave details of a finder's fee paid in relation to the sale of US$1m worth of shares to Pinetree Capital in September. The fee consists of warrants, which vest immediately and expire in two years, to acquire over 23,000 shares at $3.25 each.
At the same time, Clearly Canadian paid $120,000 in cash, of which $50,000 was paid to BG Capital Group, a controlling shareholder of the company. BG has one year in which to return the cash in return for an equivalent amount in shares, based on a price of $3.00 per share, should it so decide.
The company is looking to build on its progress in the first half of this year, having cleared its debts and revamped a number of key products with notable success.
It plans to launch two new products this autumn and is also looking to boost its presence in the US, a market that already accounts for three-quarters of Clearly Canadian's business.
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has partnered with Gulf Coast Distributors, adding another arm to its network of North American distributors....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has partnered with The Odom Corporation, building its network of North American distributors....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has secured deals with two new California distributors....
Clearly Canadian has closed a financing push, having raised around US$3.5m....
Clearly Canadian has secured the services of another North American sports star to promote its range of enhanced drinks....
Clearly Canadian has launched a private placement to help fund an acquisition....
Clearly Canadian has added three extra distributors to increase its US footprint....
A clearly busy Clearly Canadian has struck yet another distribution deal in the US....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research