CANADA: Clearly Canadian sets out new strategy
Clearly Canadian has unveiled new business strategies and initiatives following its link-up with new financial partner BG Capital Group and the appointment of new management. The aim, the company said, is to "once again establish itself as a leader in the New Age Beverage sector".
The Canadian bottled water specialist said that it is looking to lead the alternative beverage sector by "leveraging on its strong brand equity and history of innovation of products". In addition to its core flavoured sparkling water range, key products include its fruit-flavoured specialty drink Orbitz and Reebok Fitness Water.
The company said its strategic focus would be on growth and innovation, in a bid to return to profitability. Initiatives will include: creating new products in the growing New Age Beverage segment; creating a new look for the core Clearly Canadian sparkling flavoured water range; expanding the company's private label business; entering into profitable alternatives to utilise the Clearly Canadian brand name such as licence agreements; the creation of an industry-wide Advisory Board; and expanding key relationships with distributors and retailers.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US