US: Clearly Canadian seals NY distribution deal
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has announced that its US operating subsidiary, CC Beverage, has entered into distribution arrangements with Canada Dry Bottling Company of New York.
As a result of these arrangements, Clearly Canadian sparkling flavoured water will be distributed by Canada Dry Bottling throughout the five boroughs of New York City, including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. Clearly Canadian beverages will also be more boldly-branded and will be Kosher-certified as it relaunches in these markets.
"Our company continues to make strategic distribution changes in North America to facilitate the renaissance of the Clearly Canadian brand," said Douglas Mason, President and CEO of Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation. "We're accomplishing this by aligning ourselves with distributors like Canada Dry Bottling who have the expertise and resources to greatly improve the availability of brand Clearly Canadian."
"The timing is right for brand Clearly Canadian," said Jim McDowell, vice-president of marketing for Canada Dry Bottling Company of New York. "We're excited and pleased to add this premium brand to our portfolio of beverages."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down