CANADA: Clearly Canadian closes US$3.5m placement
Clearly Canadian has closed a financing push, having raised around US$3.5m.
The Canadian soft drinks company said yesterday (4 April) that it has closed a series of recently announced non-brokered private placements for a total sale of 1.16m common shares of the company with an aggregate purchase price of US$3.49m.
"This capital investment demonstrates the confidence our investors have in the company, its product lines and in the path we are taking," said Brent Lokash, Clearly Canadian's president. "These funds will augment our in-house initiatives, with the purpose of creating, marketing and delivering our new and forthcoming lines of 'better for you' products.
"Additionally our US$7.5m in cash reserves will serve to greatly strengthen our ongoing efforts, as we continue to seek strategic acquisitions and open new distribution channels and opportunities for our expanding product offerings."
In connection with the financing, the company said it is issuing warrants to subscribers to purchase 333,334 common shares at a purchase price of US$3.25 per share. The warrants expire in two years.
The company announced the private placement early last month, in connection with opening negotiations to acquire the organic food and beverage company My Organic Baby.
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has completed a private placement financing from institutional investors....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has hired the INOV8 Beverage Company to develop a new line of beverages under the Clearly Canadian trademark....
Clearly Canadian has announced additions to its distributor network in California which, it claims, will virtually complete its coverage in the state....
Canadian enhanced and flavoured waters producer Clearly Canadian Brands has announced the appointment of Brent Lokash as chief executive officer. David Reingold succeeds Lokash as president....
Clearly Canadian's line-up of naturally-enhanced waters have been listed in Quebec by convenience store chain Couche-Tard....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has partnered with Gulf Coast Distributors, adding another arm to its network of North American distributors....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has partnered with The Odom Corporation, building its network of North American distributors....
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has secured deals with two new California distributors....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends