CANADA: Clearly Canadian appoints auditor
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation has appointed an independent auditor. The water company confirmed yesterday (20 February) that it appointed UHY LDMB Advisors Inc., Chartered Accountants as internal auditors effective from last Tuesday (14 February).
"The audit committee of Clearly Canadian's board of directors approved the appointment of UHY to engage an audit firm that could focus appropriately on Clearly Canadian given its size and the nature of its industry," the company said. UHY succeeds PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Clearly Canadian's auditor, who ceased to act on 10 February.
Late last year, Clearly Canadian posted a third-quarter loss of C$1.46m (US$1.25m), compared to a loss of C$0.65m a year earlier. Sales for the period were also down, by 11% year-on-year to C$2.9m.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits