UK: Classic Water Company sold for £3.3m
The UK water and gas utility company East Surrey Holdings plc, has sold off its bottled water supply business, The Classic Water Company Limited.
The business, which supplies bottled water for coolers to commercial premises in the UK, has been sold to Culligan International (UK) Limited, a supplier of bottled water and domestic water treatment equipment, for a cash consideration of £3.3m.
Phil Holder, East Surrey Holdings managing director said: "We are focusing our efforts and resources on our strategy of developing regulated infrastructure businesses.
"We will use the proceeds of the disposal to develop the Company for the long-term benefit of customers and our shareholders."
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends