UK: CL WorldBrands unveils rum marketing appointment
CL WorldBrands has announced the appointment of Brian Woods to the position of senior marketing manager for rum.
Woods, previously marketing manager for Angostura Europe, will assume overall responsibility for the strategic development of the global rum range outside the Caribbean, the company said yesterday (9 April).
"The opportunities that lie ahead are extremely exciting and, with our world class production facilities, we are well positioned to take a lead on new brand development initiatives," said Woods.
CL WorldBrands chief executive, Fraser Thornton said he believes the promotions reflects the company's ongoing strategy to "develop as a brand building organisation."
CL WorldBrands is the parent company of Burn Stewart Distillers. The Trinidadian-owned company also includes Angostura (rum and bitters) Hine Cognac and Fassbind in its structure.
Heineken has received unconditional approval from the Irish Competition Authority for its acquisition of Beamish & Crawford....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group and Beam Global Spirits & Wine have confirmed details of their new alliance in the UK....
Diageo has removed the "Special" from its Crown Royal Special Reserve brand, but claims it has not altered the Canadian whisky's composition....
Fortune Brands has completed its deal to buy Cruzan rum from Pernod Ricard, as the French wine and spirits giant officially exits the Maxxium venture....
Supplies of flavoured malt beverages to Utah may cease, following new state laws restricting access to the drinks, Diageo and other drinks firms have said....
Maxxium UK has launched a new marketing campaign to re-position the Sourz brand as a spirit for cocktails....
Fortune Brands chairman Norm Wesley has announced his retirement, with current president and CEO Bruce Carbonari set to replace him....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research