FRANCE: CL Financial crosses Belvedere threshold
Caribbean conglomerate CL Financial is to make a takeover offer for the remaining shares in French drinks group Belvedere after crossing the threshold of owning a third of the company, according to French share watchdogs.
CL Financial holds a total of 39.35% of Belvedere's shares and 32.05% of the voting rights, according to the AMF, France's financial regulator.
The takeover follows Belvedere's acquisition of 69.3% in domestic rival Marie Brizard and the launch of a buyout offer for the remainder of Marie Brizard shares.
French spirits group Belvédere has bought Château d'Esclans, a wine producer based between Le Muy and Callas in Provence....
French spirits group Belvedere has today (20 April) launched an offer to buy out the minority shareholders in Marie Brizard International....
French drinks group Marie Brizard saw net profit rise 22% last year to EUR11.9m (US$14.4m) as acquisitions helped drive revenues higher....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
Marie Brizard et Roger International has posted a rise in profits for the first half of this year....
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban