US: CKE Restaurants adds Vitaminwater to Coca-Cola Co partnership
CKE Restaurants has expanded its offering from The Coca-Cola Co to include the drinks firm's Vitaminwater portfolio.
The California-headquartered restaurant company said yesterday (24 November) that it will offer Vitaminwater xxx, revive and essential at all of its 1,212 Carl's Jr. locations.
The portfolio will be available in 16oz bottles priced in the region of US$1.69.
Both Carl's Jr. and Vitaminwater are featured in a digital video on their respective Facebook pages, www.facebook.com/carlsjr and www.facebook.com/vitaminwater. The video, a spoof of oldies music compilation CDs usually advertised on television, features Carl's Jr. mascot Happy Star and a bottle of Vitaminwater listening to love songs such as "Truly, Madly, Beefy" and "Drink Me Up".
CKE's partnership with Coca-Cola has run since 1981.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video