FRANCE: CIVB elects president
Alain Vironneau was yesterday (10 July) elected as president of the Bordeaux Wine Trade Council (CIVB).
In accordance with the council's tradition of alternation, Vironneau, a winegrower, follows on from Christian Delpeuch, who was a wine merchant.
Vironneau took over the management of Châteaux Majureau-Sercillan and Tarreyrots, in the Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur appellation, in 1984. In 2002, Alain Vironneau became president of the Trade Association for Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur, the leading wine syndicate in France. He now has an active role with viticultural authorities on a national level.
He is a member of the Regional Committee of the INAO (the French National Institute for AOCs) and a member of VINIFLHOR (French Trade Office for fruit, vegetables, wines and horticulture), where he represents the Bordeaux-Aquitaine production region on the executive committee for the wine sector (he was appointed on 21 June).
In May, Delpeuch stepped down, citing the failure of the French government, as well as the region's growers and sellers, to properly address the wine crisis in Bordeaux. "I refuse to countenance this continual putting off of decisions which can only end in failure," he said at the time. "Enough is enough."
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends