FRANCE: CIVB elects next president
The Bordeaux Wine Council (CIVB) has confirmed the appointment of its next president.
The trade body said earlier today (16 July) that Bernard Farges will assume the role for the next three years. Farges, who co-runs a GAEC (Groupement d’Exploitation en Commun) in the region, follows negociant Georges Haushalter as president.
The position alternates every three years between a negociant and a wine grower.
“The presidency of the CIVB is not a job, it is a function,” a spokesperson for the CIVB told just-drinks today. “The presidents always continue working for the companies they are with. Bernard Farges will keep being a grower on his family estate, just as Georges Haushalter continued being the GM of Médocaine des Grands Crus.”
Allan Sichel, the president of the Bordeaux Trade Federation (Fédérération du Négoce de Bordeaux), has been elected to the vice presidency.
Earlier this month, the trade organisation appointed Fabien Bova as MD. Bova leads the CIVB on an operational basis.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends