US: City Brewery gets Rolling Rock state cash
The state of Pennsylvania has pledged investment to help reopen the former Rolling Rock brewery in Latrobe.
The brewery, which was sold by InBev to City Brewery last September for an undisclosed amount, has attracted grants and loans of around US$4.5m from the Department of Community and Economic Development.
The investment includes grants of up to $2.9m through the Infrastructure and Facilities Improvement Program, a $500,000 opportunity grant, a $400,000 loan through the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority, $250,000 in training funds and $500,000 in job creation tax credits.
"City Brewing Company is very appreciative of all the assistance and support received from Governor (Edward) Rendell and the Governor's Action Team, as well as all the assistance of the local officials and the entire community," said City Brewing's COO Kenn Yartz yesterday (24 January).
"We value the hard work everyone has put forth in helping City Brewing put this historic brewery back in production. It is our belief that we will bring a new era of beer and beverage co-packing production to Latrobe and Western Pennsylvania."
The company is the country's fifth-largest brewer and it packages beer under contract for the likes of Boston Beer Co. and Sleeman Breweries.
Brazilian-based drinks group Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, part of InBev, announced yesterday (17 July) that its subsidiary, AmBev International has agreed a pricing of notes for issuance....
InBev has been hit by a potential beer tamperer in Canada....
Brazilian-based drinks group Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, part of InBev, has announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, AmBev International Finance Co. Ltd., is to offer a benchmark amoun...
Brewing combine InBev has announced that it is selling certain retail estate assets in the Netherlands and Belgium to Belgian property group Cofinimmo....
The Argentinean brewer Quilmes Industrial is to invest US$100m this year in increasing production and expanding its sales network. The brewer said it was also increasing investment in technological in...
InBev has confirmed that its subsidiary Immobrew could accept an offer from a buyer within the week....
Anheuser-Busch is being countersued in the US by one of its distributors in Florida....
Heineken is targeting strong export potential from its newly-acquired brewery in the Czech Republic....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future