UK: Cinzano looks to spritz up its image
Vermouth brand Cinzano is launching a new product on the UK market called Spritzz Up, aimed at 18- to 30-year-old female drinkers.
Spritzz Up, which is a wine-based 14.5% abv drink designed to be mixed with tonic or lemonade, is to be advertised in magazines such as Heat, Now and Cosmopolitan, in addition to other publications which match its demographic.
The company says that the tagline 'girls get ready to go' is aimed at women who have heard of Cinzano but have no 'existing heritage' with the brand. The launch is also aimed at rejuvenating the overall Cinzano brand image.
"Cinzano is a name that enjoys huge public awareness and affection with people who remember the Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins campaign,'' said Karen Crowley, UK marketing manager for Cinzano. "However, whilst younger adult drinkers may have heard of us, they've never had an incentive to buy our products until now.''
Spritzz Up is available in two flavours and will sell for around GBP5.99 (US$11.10) per bottle.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends