UK: Cinzano looks to spritz up its image
Vermouth brand Cinzano is launching a new product on the UK market called Spritzz Up, aimed at 18- to 30-year-old female drinkers.
Spritzz Up, which is a wine-based 14.5% abv drink designed to be mixed with tonic or lemonade, is to be advertised in magazines such as Heat, Now and Cosmopolitan, in addition to other publications which match its demographic.
The company says that the tagline 'girls get ready to go' is aimed at women who have heard of Cinzano but have no 'existing heritage' with the brand. The launch is also aimed at rejuvenating the overall Cinzano brand image.
"Cinzano is a name that enjoys huge public awareness and affection with people who remember the Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins campaign,'' said Karen Crowley, UK marketing manager for Cinzano. "However, whilst younger adult drinkers may have heard of us, they've never had an incentive to buy our products until now.''
Spritzz Up is available in two flavours and will sell for around GBP5.99 (US$11.10) per bottle.
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India