UK/EU: Cinven pub acquisition receives EC go-ahead
The €3.2 billion acquisition of two UK pub operators, by a consortium led by the Cinven venture capital group, has been cleared by the European Commission. "The acquisition does not give rise to competition concerns since Cinven does not, at present, have any pub activities in the UK," the Commission said in a statement. In collaboration with Enterprise Inns, Cinven is acquiring two pub groups, The Unique Pub Company and Voyager Pub Group, from Japanese merchant bank Nomura Holdings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery