US: Cinnabon presence to soar with Cadbury deal
Two Cadbury Schweppes bottlers in the US have agreed to handle the Cinnabon latte brand in 33 states after their parent signed a deal with BYB Brands.
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) said Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group and Snapple Distribution Co. would handle Cinnabon, a canned RTD coffee brand.
CSAB announced the deal yesterday (11 January) in tandem with Cinnabon's owner, BYB Brands, a unit of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated. No financial terms were disclosed.
"Cinnabon lattes are a proven winner with consumers in limited distribution, and we are proud to be working with BYB to introduce these great-tasting, innovative beverages to new consumers across the country," said Larry Young, chief operating officer of Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group.
Coke Consolidated has distributed Cinnabon in the south-east of the US since May.
BYB Brands president Norm George added: "In just limited distribution, Cinnabon lattes won over consumers and independent reviewers as the best tasting RTD coffee drink, and now with coast-to-coast availability, Cinnabon lattes are about to become a household name."
The lattes are available in four flavours: Mocha Latte, Cinnamon Vanilla Latte, Caramel Nut Latte and Espresso & Cream.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
The drinks industry has not been immune from the growing influence of private equity groups (PEGS) in the corporate world. Critics argue that PEGs hark back to the worst excesses of 1980s corporate gr...
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has announced a dividend payable at the rate EUR0.32 per share at the Annual General Meeting, held on 20th June 2007....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed its interest in either buying Cadbury Schweppes' iced tea line Snapple or building its own tea brand, according to reports....
The Indian company Tata Tea has declined to comment on a report in the Indian newspaper Economic Times that Tata Group is interested in joining a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' US beverage business to sec...
Nelson Peltz, the activist US investor, has upped his stake in Cadbury Schweppes, which is currently attempting to spin off its US beverage division....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report