IRELAND: Cider remains apple of C&C's eye
C&C Group said today (28 February) that it expects sales over the last 12 months to have jumped 25% thanks to the continuing growth of its cider business.
In a trading update, the Irish group said its cider sales rose around 80% thanks to a quadrupling of sales volumes for its Magners brand in the UK.
The company, which will publish its results for the 12 months to 28 February on 9 May, said Irish sales of Bulmers cider - the brand name under which Magners is sold in Ireland - had risen by 5% in volume terms.
Nevertheless, C&C admitted that it did not have the capacity at its site in Clonmel to meet the demand for Magners in the UK during the last six months. The company is expanding the Clonmel site and is looking to double capacity at the facility over the next 12 months.
C&C said sales from its spirits and liqueurs business are expected to rise 7% due to "double-digit" growth from Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey and "a solid recovery" for Carolans cream liqueur.
C&C also produces soft drinks including Ballygowan bottled water. It said revenues from that side of the business are set to be down 1% due to the loss of the Irish distribution rights to the Danone water portfolio.
Following the recent floods in the UK, bottled water companies provided emergency supplies when mains water services broke down. Their largely unsung actions gave the companies a chance to demonstrate...
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
Water is a growth area in the soft drinks market, and Nestlé has been a key player in this fast-expanding category. But the Swiss food and drinks giant has particularly high hopes for its Pure Life br...
Indian software group Wipro has refuted speculation that it is considering launching a takeover bid for the leading Indian bottled water company Bisleri, according to reports....
Danone has posted a slip in group net profit for the first six months of 2007....
Groupe Danone has declined to comment over recent speculation that it is looking at potential acquisitions within the Indian bottled water market....
Evian North America has appointed a new president and general manager....
Frucor Beverages has acquired the assets and brands of the Arano juice business in New Zealand....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer