UK: Cider makers launch sustainability website
Cider industry targets carbon neutral status by 2022
UK cider makers are stepping up their focus on long-term sustainability with the launch of a new website promoting best practice.
Cider’s Future highlights cider makers working in a responsible and sustainable way. It forms part of the UK cider industrys plan to be carbon neutral and produce ‘zero waste’ by 2022.
Henry Chevallier-Guild, head of the UK’s National Association of Cider Makers, who revealed details of the site at a reception for MPs and peers in Parliament last night, said the site would become “an increasingly powerful tool” to help “embed sustainability and responsibility” into the industry.
He added: “When we develop a model for business and industry growth we want it to be for the long-term – something able to sustain our investment cycle which is measured in decades.”
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends