CHINA: Chongqing 2006 profits leap - report
Chinese beer maker Chongqing Brewery has reportedly seen its 2006 earnings almost double.
Chongqing, in which Scottish & Newcastle holds a 17.5% stake, posted a net profit of CNY148m (US$19.1m) up over 88% on the year, according to reports in China today (23 March). Sales jumped 21.6% to CNY1.8bn.
Earlier this year, industry sources said S&N was looking to boost its stake in Chongqing. The UK's largest brewer, which bought a 19.5% stake in Chongqing two years ago, has seen its holding diluted to 17.5% as shares in the Chinese brewer have been issued to public shareholders.
Just-drinks understands that S&N could make a move this year to take its stake back up to 19-20%.
S&N officials were unavailable for comment as just-drinks went to press.
The publication of new research into the effects of artificial colourings and preservatives on children's behaviour has once again put children's soft drinks in the spotlight. Annette Farr believes th...
Analysts have expressed confidence that the man set to become Nestlé's new chief executive will continue to drive the company forward....
The board of United Breweries is pondering a rights issue, according to reports....
US juice company Ocean Spray has launched a Cranberry & Blueberry 100% juice blend....
Good Natured is set to launch a line of juices in the UK, which contains fruit grown on the first citrus groves to be certified by an international conservation NGO....
Californian wine producer Wente Vineyards has announced the launch of a music promotion aimed at helping up and coming artists reach a wider audience....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has plans to roll out two new versions of its premium Sauza Hornitos brand, according to reports....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has announced the appointment of Julius Pryor III as vice president of global diversity, with effect from 20 September, 2007....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends